MISSION GUADALUPE OF SAN JOSE
Also known as McDonnell Hall, the Mission Guadalupe building was built in 1911. In 1953, the building was moved to Kammerer Avenue, San Jose, under the direction of Catholic priest Father Donald McDonnell, to serve as the first parish established in the impoverished and largely Latino community of East Side San Jose. The building was directly associated with Chavez during his early years as a community organizer for the Community Service Organization, and the earliest days of the new organization that became the United Farm Workers. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 12/23/2016, NPS-100000836.
Registration Date: 12/2/2013
City: San Jose
County: Santa Clara
2020 E. San Antonio Street, San Jose
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing