The Merced Theatre, erected in 1870 on North Main Street next to the Pico House, was the first building built expressly for theatrical purposes in Los Angeles. It was built by William Abbot, a cabinetmaker, and named in honor of his wife Merced Garcia.
Registration Date: 3/6/1935
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Monument, 420 Main St, Los Angeles
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing