FIRST PERMANENT WHITE HABITATION IN OWENS VALLEY
In August of 1861, A. Van Fleet and three other men drove their cattle into Owens Valley and prepared to stay. A cabin of sod and stone was built at the big bend of the Owens River at the northern end of the valley.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
At intersection of State Hwy 6 (P.M. 3.9) and Silver Canyon Rd, 4 mi NE of Bishop
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing