MARIPOSA COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Historical LandmarkNPS Number: 91000560
This mortise-and-tenon Greek Revival courthouse, erected in 1854, is California's oldest court of law and has served continuously as the seat of county government since 1854. During the 19th century, landmark mining cases setting legal precedent were tried here, and much United States mining law is based on decisions emanating from this historic courthouse. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 12/7/1977.
Registration Date: 12/1/1958
10th and Bullion Sts, Mariposa
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing