SITE OF FIRST U.S. BRANCH MINT IN CALIFORNIA
The first United States branch mint in San Francisco was authorized by Congress July 3, 1852 and opened for operation April 3, 1854. Dr. L. A. Birdsall was the first superintendent, J. Huston, first minter, and A. Haraszthy, first assayer.
Registration Date: 3/29/1933
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
608-610 Commercial St near Montgomery, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing