ROYAL LAUNDRY COMPLEXNPS Number: 07000996
This complex is composed of three contributing buildings, one contributing structure, and a "drive-up" sign. The Main Plant was constructed in 1927 and is an example of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture designed by Gordon B. Kaufmann. The Drive-up Building is in the Streamline Moderne style and was constructed in 1939. The Annex was constructed in circa 1930 in a utilitarian style and altered in 1939 in the Streamline Moderne style. The drive-up sign was added in 1955. The complex was listed at the local level of significance under Criterion C under two historic contexts. The Main Plant is nominated for its high artistic merit. The Drive-up Building and Annex are nominated under the Multiple Property Documentation for Early Auto-Related Properties in Pasadena. This property was previously certified by the National Park Service for a federal tax credit as a rehabilitation project.
Registration Date: 9/27/2007
County: Los Angeles
443 S. Raymond Ave.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing