Local Government Preservation Workshop Series
The Office of Historic Preservation's (OHP) Local Government and Environmental Compliance Unit is pleased to offer an annual series of free educational workshops for local governments, hosted by local communities statewide. The workshops cover a variety of preservation-related topics and provide a "toolkit" of knowledge to help make local preservation programs stronger and more effective.
2019 Local Government Workshop Presentation
May 2 - Eureka & Arcata
- CEQA and the Identification of Historical Resources
- Historic Resource Surveys as Part of the Planning Process
- The Mills Act as a Local Preservation Incentive
2018 Local Government Workshop Presentation
March 23 - Long Beach
- Local Preservation Programs: Advice and Tips
- Historic Resource Surveys
- Mills Act 101: An Incentive for Preserving Your Community's Past
For past presentation materials by topic, please visit our Presentation Archives page.