CASA DE LA GUERRA
A common council was duly elected near this site on August 26, 1850, two weeks before California statehood. The City of Santa Barbara held its first official meeting here in 1875, the first city hall was erected here, and the area is still center of city's governmental activities. The plaza was the scene of early Santa Barbara fiestas, and the hospitality at the de la Guerra house set standards for Santa Barbara.
Registration Date: 7/12/1939
City: Santa Barbara
County: Santa Barbara
El Paseo Plaza, SE corner of De La Guerra St and De La Guerra Plaza, Santa Barbara
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing