OLD STORE AT LA HONDA
In the winter of 1861-62, John L. Sears settled in the mountains 17 miles from Redwood City. He named the place La Honda and built a store that was sometimes called the 'Bandit-Built Store' because two men that he employed-Jim and Bob Younger, newcomers to the area-were later proved to be members of the James Boys gang.
Registration Date: 8/8/1939
City: La Honda
County: San Mateo
State Hwy 84 (P.M. 8.91), NW corner of La Honda and Sears Ranch Rds, La Honda
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing