EL DORADO (ORIGINALLY MUD SPRINGS)
El Dorado, 'The Gilded One,' was first known as Mud Springs from the boggy quagmire the cattle and horses made of a nearby watering place. Originally an important camp on the old Carson Emigrant Trail, by 1849-50 it had become the center of a mining district and the crossroads for freight and stage lines. At the height of the rush its large gold production supported a population of several thousand.
Registration Date: 8/7/1951
City: El Dorado
County: El Dorado
N side of intersection of Pleasant Valley Rd and Church St, El Dorado
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing