CECIL B. DeMILLE STUDIO BARN
Cecil B. DeMille rented half of this structure, then used as a barn, as the studio in which was made the first feature-length motion picture in Hollywood-The Squaw Man-in 1913. Associated with Mr. DeMille in making The Squaw Man were Samuel Goldwyn and Jesse Lasky, Sr. Originally located at the corner of Selma and Vine Streets, in 1927 the barn was transferred to Paramount Studios.
Registration Date: 7/10/1956
County: Los Angeles
2100 N Highland Ave, Hollywood
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing